On 12 Feb 2015, at 17:58 , Dave Pooser <dave...@pooserville.com> wrote:
> On 2/12/15, 6:48 PM, "Alex Regan" wrote:
>
>> So shouldn't there be a rule for a rule that claims to come from Amazon
>> but does not pass through any of its servers?
>
> I have a series of rules like:
>
> whitelist_auth *@bankofamerica.com
> blacklist_from *@bankofamerica.com

Interesting. What hits whitelist_auth? That is to say, what domains and/or
email addresses can you use that with? Paypal? iTunes/Apple?
Random-ecommerce-site.tld?

Care you share your list, Dave?

> So any bankofamerica.com address will be blacklisted, but for an
> authenticated address it's canceled by the whitelisting. (Also, I score
> blacklist_from at 80 points so an address that's both blacklisted and
> whitelisted will be effectively whitelisted, thanks to a net -20 score.)

This is interesting. I have a long list of blacklist_from for invalid tlds like
.local or .lan, etc, but I’ve never seen this method before.

--
'What ho, b'zugda-hiara.' (Footnote: A killing insult in Dwarfish. It
means 'Lawn ornament'.)  --Wyrd Sisters