On 19 Sep 2015, at 14:12, A. Schulze wrote:

Hello,

today I was notified by ezmlm that my MTA rejected messages to me. Messages to this list where classified as spam by .. spamassassin.
OK, no surprise some messages look spammy.

As usual: there is one solution that is smart, fast and obvious. But sometimes this one is also wrong.
So I ask the list: (how) do you whitelist this list?

A layered defense in depth requires matching layered whitelisting...

All of my list-sub addresses (which match a pattern) are exempted from some relatively error-prone (~0.01% FP) tactics ahead of content filtering and all content filtering except SA. Inside SA, I use whitelist_to to further exempt the target. However: I have USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO reduced to -3 because these addresses are *more* exposed than a normal address and shouldn't get the standard -6. To further protect actual list mail (in contrast with off-list replies and spam from harvesters,) I use whitelist_from_spf where possible (including all apache.org lists,) falling back to whitelist_from_rcvd for other lists. The few lists I've subscribed to over the years where neither of those have been usable have all shut down anyway.