Setup some accounts to receive LKML, Ubuntu, Fedora, and several other technical high volume mailing lists as well as normal email. Let us know how it works.

I'm reminded of a mantra of mine from some years back here, "One man's spam is another man's ham." You must also handle this phenomenon, too.

{^_^}

On 2016-01-13 17:11, Marc Perkel wrote:
OK - this might sound a little unbelievable but I'm not making this up. I want
to introduce this because I'm hoping to release this soon and I want to create
some buzz and anticipation. I'm not going to talk about the details yet but I
hope to soon.

I just filed a provisional method patent on the method and tomorrow I'm going to
be talking to some investor types about it. I'm also working on improving the
methods I'm using, but this new trick is so accurate that 1 month ago if someone
asked me if this level of accuracy was possible, I would have said - no way!

I'm calling it the Evolution Filter. The name is somewhat of a clue to how it
works.

I'm seeing levels of accuracy getting really close to 100%. And it's especially
good at actively detecting good email so false positives are almost not
existent.

I've been filtering spam now for 15 years and been on this list for about that
long and I'm not the kind of guy to just make this stuff up.

My intent right now is to just get enough IP protection so I can get a license
fee from the big corps. I plane on giving it away free to the little guys. So
that if you have less that 10,000 email accounts it's free. Hoping to get like 1
cent per email account per year from the big guys.

Although this idea is very unique, it's actually rather simple to implement. I'm
using Redis and since SA is also using redis it should be trivial to add it to
SA. My programming skills are good but not great. So the developers here should
be able to do a significantly better job than me. It only took me an afternoon
to implement the concept and it was already impressive with just 3 hours of
learning.

This is not Bayesian or remotely similar to Bayesian. It does use a DB like
Bayesian does and there is learning involved. But it's probably 100x better at
detecting spam and 1000x better at detecting good email.

My plan is that this technique is going to be so good that everyone is going to
immediately implement it. And because of that the big boys will license it from
me.

The accuracy is so good that it could put many spammers out of business. It can
recognize spam more accurately that I can by hand looking at someone elses
email.

If someone on this list wants to verify that I'm not just smoking the wrong kind
of cigarettes I'm willing to let people test it on the condition that you report
back here and tell everyone what your experience is.

If anyone has some feedback about how I can make this available to everyone and
make a little something in licensing fees I'm definitely listening. I do want to
release this to you all soon because you'll probably make it better than I have.

I have a little more info on Dvorak's blog.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2016/01/12/i-invented-a-new-way-to-filter-spam-thinking-about-a-patent/