> On Jun 17, 2016, at 7:25 AM, Vincent Fox <vb...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>
> Greylisting imo helps a lot with RBL lag.

It can, but it's definitely a double edge sword. Depending on the way the
remote MTA works, I've experienced emails being delayed for quite sometime. I
had a lot of users requesting to be removed from the graylist, and eventually
decided to drop it. When you're waiting for the confirmation of a PO from a new
vendor on raw materials you need for a batch being made tomorrow it can be very
frustrating :)

They MTA will let the remote client know the email was rejected, or the local
client can go into SPAM folder and find the email, with graylists, the sender
nor the receiver may realize the status of the email.