Am 11.07.2016 um 13:27 schrieb Jari Fredriksson:
Reindl Harald kirjoitti 11.7.2016 11:52:
Am 11.07.2016 um 10:02 schrieb Jari Fredriksson:
Define correctly, please.

"www..windstrom.at" is obvious wrong and was meant as
"www.windstrom.at", so fix that typo in the background or just ignore
the url at all since it CAN NOT become a positive dns response

I have been in this camp too as younger and wanting be user friendly.
After that I have been impressed by a fellow talking about deterministic
functions and that. Garbage in, garbage out. Invalid DNS name can not
become positive dns response. Ever. Why should we change that somehow?

because "we" are a score-based contentfilter and deal by definition with garbage all day long?

so either recognize the garbage and don't send out invalid dns-requests at all or normalize it - in any case their is no point trigger hundrets of loglines with "a domain name contains a null label"

10. heinäkuuta 2016 18.08.32 GMT+03:00 Reindl Harald