On Tue, 7 Feb 2017, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

On 2017-02-07 18:33, Ruga wrote:

I follow the actual RFC standard, not the proposed revisions. The To
From and Cc fields are defined by a grammar AND a natural language
description. Such fields MUST hold addresses, were an address is a
username the "@" symbol and a domain name. The string "undisclosed
recipients: ;" does not parse the grammar, and it does not pass the
natural language requirement for an address. If the sender hides the
recipients, why should I care delivering its junk to my valued
accounts?

FWIW, I regularly get completely legitimate non-commercial messages with
headers of this form.  People use it to conceal from each recipient the
addresses of other recipients - just like a list or an alias, but (I'm
guessing) done entirely in the senders MUA.

Right.

So, Ruga, if you just want to BCC a bunch of people, what do you propose should be put into the To: header?

  When designing software, any time you think to yourself "a user
  would never be stupid enough to do *that*", you're wrong.
 5 days until Abraham Lincoln's and Charles Darwin's 208th Birthdays