Hello folks,

over the last couple of months I have received some nasty spam,
delivered by the Yahoo mail servers.

After looking at the headers it became clear what the issue was:

It seems that Yahoo (at least yahoo.co.jp) is allowing emails from
@gmail.com senders to be sent through their servers.
The funny thing is, that there is a @gmail.com address in both the
'From:' and 'Return-Path:' headers, but a @yahoo.com address in the
'Reply-To:' and 'Sender:' headers.
Somehow Yahoo sees no problem in that and is happy to DKIM sign those
emails with a correct *Yahoo* signature.

Over on my side, the receiving end of these emails, there is my
spamassassin. SA discovers the DKIM signature and is able to validate
this signature against the Yahoo server which is totally undesirable
in my opinion.

Maybe strict DKIM alignment is not always the best choice, because
sometimes the emails are signed by different servers without sharing
one signing key for the entire domain.

So is there any way to make SA perform at least a relaxed DKIM
alignment check on the headers so that the DKIM signature domain has
to belong to the 'From:' address?

Any hints or suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Thore