Ian Zimmerman wrote:
On 2017-08-03 10:38, sha...@shanew.net wrote:

The most common ones that I make use of are "multiple" and "maxhits"
in order to allow a rule to be scored for each time it hits, but to
stop counting after some threshold.  I also use the "net" tflag so
that RBL checks only run when a net-based ruleset is loaded.

Where is the concept of "ruleset" in general documented, and in
particular what makes it "net-based"?  Not in Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

"Ruleset" is a somewhat fuzzy term that depends on context - it could refer to a single rule, a cluster of rules in a single file, a group of files, or "all active rules files". It's not a formal definition within SpamAssassin. In this case it's referring to one rule - tflags are only set on a per-rule basis.

Any net-based rule is one that relies on a working Internet connection to do a data lookup - most commonly DNS lookups, but rules for eg Vipul's Razor (RAZOR_* rules), DCC, or Pyzor are also considered net rules since they do a lookup against a network service somewhere.

-kgd