On 8/12/2013 12:27 PM, John Maher wrote:
Thanks Bob, that may be exactly what I am looking for.  Something that would
affect all the files without having to issue over 200 commands or build a dummy
directory just for importing.  Although that second suggestion provided by
Andrew is definitely better than the first.

I couldn't find where it discusses the global config in the book, if it does at
all.  And even if it does I doubt it would help because it won't tell me where
to find the file.  Unless there is a command to edit it.  I tried a search and
someone says there is a site-wide config (what I need) and a user config but
not where they are.  I am using Windows XP and an having a difficult time
finding this file.

I can't even find the name of it.  If someone can provide that I could at least
search for it and hope it has some clue inside as how to alter it.

First link from Google (search was "windows xp subversion configuration file location", http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6310539/where-is-the-subversion-global-config-file-for-the-slik-svn-client-for-windows) sez:

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Subversion\config

I no longer run on Windows XP, so I don't remember if this is the proper place for the file, but I have no reason to doubt it.

For Windows 7 it's in:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\config

Which I can confirm.

In the "config" file, I have my global-ignores for Windows set to:

global-ignores = *.obj *.lib *.map *.exe *.bak *.pdb *.ilk *.idb

There might need to be a few more; it's been several years since I have imported existing code into my Subversion repositories. But you get the idea.

--
    David Chapman      dcchap...@acm.org
    Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA