I was under the impression that subversion now automatically takes subtree
mergeinfo into account:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html#svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.stayinsync.subtree

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Hett [mailto:ste...@egosoft.com]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 9:19 AM
To: 'subversion'
Subject: preventing recording misaligned mergeinfos

Hi,

I'm currently checking-out ways to prevent the creation of misaligned
mergeinfos in SVN. My current solution would be to add a pre-commit hook to
prevent any mergeinfo records on any but the top-most node (aka:
trunk or a branch). While this would prevent most cases which let to misaligned
mergeinfos, it's certainly not exactly what I want/need.

Does anybody have an idea for a better/more precise solution/approach?

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett, Developer/Administrator

EGOSOFT GmbH, Heidestrasse 4, 52146 Würselen, Germany
Tel: +49 2405 4239970, www.egosoft.com
Geschäftsführer: Bernd Lehahn, Handelsregister Aachen HRB 13473