On 16.09.2016 19:39, Morin, Monique Marlene wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Goal is to install Subversion 1.9.4 from source on a RHEL 7 system.
>

> Subversion configure script (checks for and) is complaining of httpd
> version 2.4.6 that ships as part of RHEL 7 (
>
> httpd-2.4.6-40.el7_2.4.x86_64), thus install is prevented.
>

> "configure: error: Apache httpd version 2.4.6 includes a broken
> mod_dav; use a newer version of httpd"
>
> Any suggestions?

'configure --help' is your friend:

  --enable-apache-whitelist=VER
                          Whitelist a particular Apache version number,
                          typically used to enable the use of a old version
                          patched by a distribution.

But be aware that if the RHEL 7 version of httpd is *not* patched, your
SVN server will be broken in subtle ways.

I really have no idea how to check that.

-- Brane