On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 10:54 AM David Aldrich
<david.aldrich.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to rename a directory and I get this error on commit:
>
> Adding         TML/RIC_Initial_Use_Case_Analysis
> svn: E155011: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E155011: Directory '/<snip>/Feasibility Studies/Use Case
> Analysis/TML/RIC_Initial_Use_Case_Analysis' is out of date
> svn: E160013: File not found: transaction '41-1j', path
> '/Feasibility%20Studies/Use%20Case%20Analysis/TML/RIC_Initial_Use_Case_Analysis'
>
> I guess the problem is associated with the fact that the path contains spaces.
>
> Any advice on how to resolve this please?

Normally the "out of date" error means that the repository contains
newer changes that your working copy does not have yet, such as, for
example, modifications to files inside the directory you are trying to
rename. Normally your working copy must be up-to-date with the
repository before you commit, at least for all items that are touched
by any kind of modifications in your working copy.

Practically speaking, this means that you would need to 'update' your
working copy first; since you have renamed a directory, you may have
to resolve a tree conflict. Alternatively, if renaming the directory
is the only change you're making, it might just be simpler to 'revert'
that change in your working copy, then 'update', then rename the
directory, and then 'commit'.

There's better documentation in the SVN book:

https://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.tour.treeconflicts.html

Search for "is out of date" on that page to jump straight to it.

Hope this helps,
Nathan