Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Fri, 20 Aug 2021 07:55 +00:00:
> Den fre 20 aug. 2021 kl 05:02 skrev A Z <powerus...@live.com.au>:
> > -Can multiple users add to a committed branch node, and que up
> >   adds, or is this in fact going to nothing, while granting a message?
> >   Is it the case that only the first add to the branch node will be added,
> >   queued, while others will be rejected until that first node is committed?
>
> You can commit as you would normally do in /trunk. Any conflicts will
> be managed when updating the working copy (before commit, if needed).

It might help to clarify the terminology here.  Subversion's own
documentation does not use the term "queueing" at all, and does not use
the term "add" except in the narrow sense of an operation that results
in a new versioned directory entry.  «add» is a local operation (doesn't
contact the server).

It's not clear to me what sense you use those two terms in.  In
particular, when you write "until that first node is committed", you
seem to be assuming some sort of interim state, a "node" that has been
"added" but not been "committed", and that affects other users.  There's
no such thing.

The repository is a versioned filesystem tree.  Changes to that tree
(commits) are made transactionally.  A commit that has not completed
does not affect other commits in any way (cf. ACID).