On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:32:40PM +0100, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Guten Tag Stefan Sperling,
> am Mittwoch, 24. November 2021 um 11:17 schrieben Sie:
>
> > Subversion does not store file permission mode bits, except that the
> > "executable" bit is preserved via the svn:mime-type property.
>
> I know and don't want SVN to store permissions. The file has correct
> permissions before committing and doesn't anymore afterwards, that's
> the problem I'm facing. Something is changing permissions of the file
> during/after the commit and that need to be found and disabled.

This will be due to apr_file_mktemp() using default permissions
on a freshly created temporary file. The committed file is run
through translation (for keywords, newlines, and such) which
involves a temporary file that gets reinstalled into the working copy.

As a workaround you could try running 'umask 077' before running
svn commit on affected files, such that newly created files get
the permission flags expected by cron. The default umask is 022.