Thank you Daniel, below is the script I used (line wrapping might mess up a few lines, sorry)

As I was cleaning it up, I realized that in 1.6.17 (yes, still using it, and where I saw the issue first) the behavior is different (2-url merge gives me a tree conflict).

I am really tempted to delete the extra merginfo-that is my biggest concern at this time.

--------- start of script (dos cmd)
@ECHO off
REM -- Script to test handling of merge info during a 2-url merge

ECHO.
ECHO -- Create empty repo in current folder
md repo
svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs repo\testRepo

SET repoRoot=file:///%CD:\=/%/repo

ECHO.
ECHO -- Create sructure to import in repo
md WC
md WC\trunk
md WC\branches
svn import WC %repoRoot%/testRepo -m"Importing"
rd /s /Q WC

ECHO.
ECHO -- Check out working copy of the entire repo
svn co %repoRoot%/testRepo workingCopy

ECHO.
ECHO -- Play in trunk, adding one file
pushd workingCopy\trunk
echo Adding fileA in trunk>FileA.txt
svn add FileA.txt
svn commit . -m"Adding first file to trunk"
popd

ECHO.
ECHO -- Create 2 branches from trunk. This does not create any mergeinfo
svn copy %repoRoot%/testRepo/trunk %repoRoot%/testRepo/branches/foo -m"branching to foo" --parents svn copy %repoRoot%/testRepo/trunk %repoRoot%/testRepo/branches/bar -m"branching to bar" --parents

ECHO.
ECHO -- Add a file to trunk
pushd workingCopy\trunk
echo Adding fileB in trunk>FileB.txt
svn add FileB.txt
svn commit . -m"Adding second file to trunk"
popd

ECHO.
ECHO -- Edit file in foo
svn update workingCopy
pushd workingCopy\branches\foo
echo Editing first file in foo>>fileA.txt
svn commit . -m"Editing file in foo"
popd
svn update workingCopy

ECHO.
ECHO -- Merge latest from trunk to foo. This creates mergeinfo in foo and brings FileB
svn merge %repoRoot%/testRepo/trunk workingCopy\branches\foo
svn commit workingCopy\branches\foo -m"Merging latest from trunk to foo"
svn update workingCopy

ECHO.
ECHO -- Perform 2-URL merge to get diff between trunk and foo and apply to bar
ECHO.
ECHO -- Showing the diff first: fileB is not listed
svn diff %repoRoot%/testRepo/trunk %repoRoot%/testRepo/branches/foo
ECHO.

ECHO -- Now merging. svn 1.6.17 shows tree conflict on FileB. svn 1.14.2 shows no conflict svn merge %repoRoot%/testRepo/trunk %repoRoot%/testRepo/branches/foo workingCopy\branches\bar
REM next line is for 1.6.17 only
REM : svn resolve workingCopy\branches\bar\FileB.txt --accept working
svn commit workingCopy\branches\bar -m"Merging diff from trunk to foo into bar"

ECHO.
ECHO -- In bar, mergeinfo shows that part of trunk was merged in bar, but this is not correct ECHO -- For instance, mergeinfo shows Trunk 4-6, but the file added in trunk at r5 is not bar
svn update workingCopy

ECHO.
ECHO. No fileB in here
dir workingCopy\branches\bar

ECHO.
ECHO.
svn pg svn:mergeinfo workingCopy\branches\bar
svn mergeinfo workingCopy\trunk workingCopy\branches\bar

------------------ end of script
Christophe