Dear SVN community,

I have a few questions regarding backup and restore of a SVN Server:

1. I would like to create daily backups to a cloud service using duplicity
 (basically full/incremental tars). Now I can do this (a) with a simple filesystem
 backup or (b) create dumps using svnadmin dump and backup them using
 duplicity.

  -> (a) is not safe in case someone does a commit during the backup?

  -> (b) would take much more time (we have many, sometimes big, repos),
      so it might not finish over night?

  -> which one is better? Or is there a (c)?

2. I think I shall use --force-uuid when replaying the dumps (in case of (b))
    so that colleagues can just "svn relocate" and continue working?

3. Are there limitations on what "svn relocate" can handle? Do I need to test
    some corner cases? (Both servers are using svn+ssh:// but with totally
   different paths and different auth)

4. Are there best practices / blogs for migrating svn repos to another server?

Many Thanks in Advance and Best Regards!

Felix

--

*SIDACT GmbH
Simulation Data Analysis and