Wow - interesting. I don't know anything about TortoiseSVN, but presumably it will 'just work' if svn itself can be fixed up. Daniel - if you move everything to dev, I'll follow there.

Thoughts about TA's post:

1. Why "tunnel the session token in basic auth"? Does he want HTTP
   basic auth /and/ HTTPS mod_openidc_module? How does a session token
   fit in with basic anyway?
2. I don't quite understand the 'svn auth' comments - is Thomas
   suggesting /manually/ recording tokens and cookies?
3. Any solution must have bearer tokens /and/ cookies - but that's
   obvious,  so presumably I've misunderstood the post

On the callback: this has to be caught by a webserver which is initiated by svn, not TSVN, or command-line svn couldn't use OIDC. TSVN doesn't need to know anything about any of this. But, as I said, I know nothing about TSVN so I may be wrong. If TSVN actually makes curl requests to the server, for example, then it would need to know.

Thomas has obviously done a lot of work, but another option is to port GCM. This does exactly what is required, except that it interacts with its own credentials manager and not svn's, and there are hooks from git which need to be replaced. Command-line OAuth2/OIDC would be generically useful, so it would be a pity to do this work just for svn. However, GCM is written in C#, on .NET Core, and I know nothing about C# or the .NET runtime (I do C++/Linux). I think dotnet can be fiddly to get running on Linux (I've only tested GCM on Windows).

Another option is to integrate oidc-agent <https://github.com/indigo-dc/oidc-agent>. This has less baggage than GCM, and is written in C. It's straightforward, and well-documented, and is a good place to get some understanding of what command-line OIDC is. I looked at this last month but didn't have the time to go any further. The developer/s are academic (kit.edu <https://www.kit.edu/>) and, I think, would be interested in this. I have a bit more time now so I'll have another look at this.

-Evan