If you are using a recent release or snapshot of Tapestry 5.2, you'll
find the page pool is gone.  Tapestry now instruments your pages and
components so that they can be shared across any number of threads
(mutable fields now result in writing to or reading from a per-thread
HashMap).  You will now have just a single instance of each page, per
locale.  I suspect you'll see a big improvement in throughput and a
big decrease in memory utilization.

Can you tell us anything about your app?  What are you building that
gets that many concurrent users on a single box?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:15 PM, hemant.iyer <hemant.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We ran into a problem in our production environment where the tapestry page
> pool was maxed out and new requests for a page were denied.  We had set the
> tapestry.page-pool.hard-limit value to 300, and the worker thread pool for
> jboss was set to 160.  We ended up changing the
> tapestry.page-pool.hard-limit  value to 800 and the jboss worker thread pool
> also to 800 and now it is not reaching that max and the website is stable
> again.
>
> Can anyone explain why problem would occur in the first place?  Would this
> problem happen is the tapestry.page-pool.hard-limit  is Greater than the
> worker thread pool as the Tapestry docs suggest now?  Any insight into this
> would be much appreciated.
>
> Also, can someone explain how to monitor the actual runtime
> tapestry.page-pool.hard-limit and tapestry.page-pool.soft-limits in
> production for Tapestry 5.2?  I had found the following IMonitor class that
> you can provide an MBean for, but this is gone in tapestry 5.2 now.  Is
> there any other way to see current actual number of page instances used in
> production?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
>
> Hemant
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/engine/IMonitor.html