I'm little confused with Tapestry

In another past post I asked how can I refresh my page with the server time:
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/T5-Refresh-1-second-Ajax-method-td3210194.html#a3210194

I only need refresh my page with the server time and I need to learn mixins,
ajax, zones, prototype, components, tapestry ajax methods (tapestry.js), ?

http://blog.bolkey.com/2010/05/creating-a-news-feed-in-tapestry-5/
why all this code for that simple issue?

I don't understand why there is this level of complexity... I see if you
want to learn tapestry also you need to learn necessarily Prototype and
download some source code to understand some things, I only see official
documentation with basic concepts by alphabet but what happend with specific
scenarios? the documentation is the source code?
For example, where is the documentation for Tapestry.js use?

I only want help to have a better framework or understand this point...

Thank you for read me