Thanks brian, but i am assuming/hoping that the fix for issue 1844 allows me to do something a little more obvious.

if not, i'm sure to use your solution.

p.

On 20/08/2012 9:16 PM, Bryan Lewis wrote:
Ah yes, the problem of not catching changes made by clicking on the little
calendar icon.  Here's a crude work-around I'm using in 5.2.6, catching the
click event.

     String scriptlet = "Event.observe('" + dateFieldId + "-trigger',
'click', function() { setChanged(true); });"
     javaScriptSupport.addScript(scriptlet);

I wanted only to detect whether there'd been a change, to protect the user
from leaving the page without saving.  It's not perfect because the user
might click the icon without actually making a change, but for my needs
it's okay.

I left a to-do note to myself a couple of years ago, "The fix might be to
add an unload event on the form that checks whether any of the date values
changed," but I don't know if that still makes sense.