On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:44:05 -0300, Davide Vecchi <d...@amc.dk> wrote:

Anyway, maybe you should rethink the way you handle your exceptions.
Shouldn't they be treated inside the getter methods themselves?

I'm very confused about this suggestion. Am I not doing exactly that ? I mean, treating the exception inside the getter is exactly what I was trying to do in the first place, by showing an error message, which turned out not to be possible,

It's not possible because the error message is rendered before the getter is called.

So I will just call the getters from setupRender(). I'm a bit perplexed going for something that sounds a bit like a workaround for a scenario that in my opinion is quite standard, but maybe I will come up with something more straightforward in future.

That's not a workaround, it's a matter of what is called first.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br