When the kaptcha is generated, the generated key is stored in the session
for verification. I'm guessing the session is lost between initial display
and verification. From memory your jsessionid is a cookie value. Are you
switching domains or something?

I'd inspect the request headers and make sure the jsessionid cookie header
is consistent between kaptcha view and verification.