I suspect you are talking about
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1908 instead of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1908? The actively worked T5
issues are in the TAP5 namespace. The former is a *nine years* old issue
with a sample code to get it to do what you want. Furthermore, the beanType
can by all means determined at runtime, that's exactly how Tynamo's
tapestry-model (http://www.tynamo.org/tapestry-model+guide/) works.
Object.getClass() works only for the simplest cases. Quite often you want
to specify an interface as the beanType for your model.

Kalle

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM, WILBERT Romain-ext <
romain.wilbert-...@pole-emploi.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I disagree with the closing of this defect, because it could happen that
> the object type is defined at runtime:
>
> -          the Property type of object parameter can be an interface
> -          the object parameter can be instanciated on activation
> regarding activation context
>
> Why just not figure the beanType from object.getClass() ?
>
> Greets

  • TAPESTRY-1908 WILBERT Romain-ext
    • Re: TAPESTRY-1908 Kalle Korhonen