I'm not sure if I did this right but I introduced a getter in my page
class returning object array like this:

public Object[] getFoo() {
 return new Object[] { tx.id, true };
}

So this allows me to have a context that is partially dynamic
(transaction id) and partially static (literal):

public void onAjax(String txId, String fmt) {
}

This works.

Adam