That's a very old article (2009 -- I don't think many users care about
IE6 redering quirks anymore), but Howard's comments there seem to do a
pretty good job of explaining where the author is either mistaken or
misunderstands the constraints and trade-offs involved. A lot of the
other commenters do likewise. I don't know if there is much more to
add, is there?