Concerning use of the button HTML tag, I read the following...

"Definition and Usage

The <button> tag defines a clickable button.

Inside a <button> element you can put content, like text or images. This
is the difference between this element and buttons created with the
<input> element.

Tip: Always specify the type attribute for a <button> element. Different
browsers use different default types for the <button> element."

I will therefore try the below version of this HTML element in my Tapestry
template (will avoid input/submit elements, as there is no form involved
when clicking to delete a user).

<button type="button" t:type="actionlink" t:id="deleteUser" value="Delete
User" class="opto-button delete-user-btn"/>

Regards,

Chris.