Congratulations! Thanks to the core team for your continuous work and the
effort you put into maintaining Tapestry.

I think the whole industry goes the way of trying to simplify things (just take
a look at the most recent programming languages & frameworks). If we’re talking
about modernizing and competing with other frameworks, I would like to see
Tapestry reducing the complexity that is currently required to grasp the
framework and its various concepts (which are technically great, but sometimes
hard to understand if you just start working with Tapestry). I think this will
only work by providing old & new APIs at the same time and by making the
upgrade path and improvements very clear in the documentation.

Personally I’m also getting into the vibe of smaller services that communicate
with each other, instead of this one monolithic giant that tries to be
everything, but is nothing in the end. We use bootique-tapestry (and also other
Bootique-compatible integrations). I would like to see Tapestry to also go in
this direction and improve integration on similar deployment environments.

On the other side, I’m currently pretty happy with the state of Tapestry and
with the framework keeping up with modern Java versions.

Best,
Rafael