On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 7:50 PM Christopher Dodunski (Tapestry) <
chrisfromtapes...@christopher.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi all, just a quick question...

Hello!

> Once a Tapestry service implementation gets instantiated, and that
> service's status moves to "realised", at what point does that
> implementation get destroyed?

Only when Tapestry-IoC's Registry instance gets shutdown (i..e. by calling
its shutdown() method), since it keeps references to all service instances.

> Tapestry instantiates a service implementation the first time a service
> method gets called, and I'm just wondering whether the reverse is also
> true - eg. released for garbage collection if no method has been called
> after a period of time.

Tapestry-IoC doesn't track whether a service hasn't been called after a
period of time.