Hi,

We are starting to use a library called fancytree (
http://wwwendt.de/tech/fancytree/demo/index.html). For basic trees this
integrates really easily with tapestry.

However for tree tables the simplest way to render the trees client-side is
to ship the contents of the tree table down in a json structure. For simple
values this works well.

Ideally we would like to have tapestry components available in the tree
table. We could come up with complicated ways of doing this (hidden divs
for every cell etc), but it would be easy if we could render a tapestry
component to a string, and simply ship this client side as a field in the
json.

Does this sound feasible at all? I found
https://github.com/uklance/tapestry-offline, but is there a simpler
built-in way?

If anybody has any ideas that would be great.

Cheers,

Adriaan