Hello!

So I've just implemented what I suggested in Tapestry 5.8.3:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2756. Example:

    public static void contributePageCachingReferenceTypeService(
      OrderedConfiguration<PageCachingReferenceTypeService>
configuration) {
        configuration.add("VeryLarge", p -> p.equals("VeryLarge") ?
ReferenceType.STRONG : null);
    }

This would cause the page named VeryLarge to be cached using a
regular, strong, non-garbage-collectable reference while leaving all
other pages cached with a soft, garbage-collectable reference.

Ben, I find your idea interesting, but I believe it's a bit orthogonal
to what I did, both being able to coexist.

--
Thiago