I am trying to configure tomcat 5.5.12 for multiple virtual hosts on port 443. SSL works fine
if I set server.xml to listen for all IPs on port 443...

<connection port="443"
                   blah
                   blah/>

However, if I try to configure to listen to a specific IP address on port 443...

<connection port="443"
                   address="111.112.113.114"
                   blah
                   blah/>

It doesn't work. Tomcat starts just fine. No errors. A run of netstat shows the server listening on port 443 for the applicable IP address, but when I try to access the site with a browser, it fails (IE reports "Page cannot be displayed", Firefox reports "Refused connection").

By the way...I get the same behavior if I use Apache as the server. When I set httpd.conf as...

Listen 443

It works fine, but if I set httpd.conf as...

Listen 111.112.113.114:443

I get the same behavior I got with tomcat.

Any ideas?

Jay Thompson
Support Systems Analyst, Sr.
Northern Arizona University