A number of changes I made to fix CGI servlet issues required a 1.4 JDK. The CGI servlet is in its own JAR so the easiest solution will be to build your own version. I'd suggest basing it on the latest code from 5.5.x.

Mark

Randy Schuster wrote:
What JDK are you using?

I am not sure how to verify what JRE/JDK Tomcat or a particular servlet

is

using but I am pretty sure it is

java -version
java version "1.3.1_10"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_10-b03)

Well, you can see in catalina.sh (or whatever startup script you're
using) how it's identified. If you're unsure I'm going to guess you
at least have a JAVA_HOME environment variable set somewhere. :-)

But wow, that's *really* old. Any chance you could try this with a
more recent (i.e., at least 1.4.2) JVM?

The only way I can use newer anything is if I can install a new Tomcat
instance somewhere else on the box.
Lots happening on this machine and I can't interfere with anything in place
now.