Am 11.11.2005 um 21:14 schrieb George Sexton:

I'd like to understand the rationale for this requirement. If the
container manages the session, why would an application care about
the actual mechanism used to track the session? Why can this not be
made configurable?
I'm guessing the reason its in the spec is so that hardware load balancers
can map sessions back to the originating machine.

All load balanceres I've dealt with certainly can be configured to use an arbitrary cookie/URL pattern to manage sticky sessions.

--
Stefan Bethke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tallence GmbH, Baumwall 3, D-20459 Hamburg, Germany