Ok, so i got the solution. There was some config missing
in tomcat's server.xml
The Engine needs to have jvmRoute set to the name of the worker
and the default one needs to be commented out.
Anyway, thanks to everybody for help.
Mirek

<!-- You should set jvmRoute to support load-balancing via AJP ie : -->
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="ajp131">

<!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy
-->