name is in the context.xml file.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an
distribution, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete
the email and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy, or use
this email or any attachment for any purpose; nor disclose all or any part of
the contents to any other person.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/18/2005 1:16:35 pm >>>
I think the standard way for including role in your programming logic
(e.g. if user is of role manager, dispatch the manager.jsp; if user is
an employee, dispatch the employee.jsp, etc), is to use the isUserInRole
method of HttpServletRequest.  This solution doesn't depend on which
realm you are using in your server.

ND

Does anyone know how to grab user roles from the JNDIRealm
authentication classes once a user logs in to a servlet context? I'm
attempting to dynamically present content based on the user roles the
user authenticates with. Another way to put my question is if there is a
way to grab the LDAP authentication instance and make use of it to read
the user roles without having to create a new LDAP instance?

Thanks,
Phil

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any
attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,