From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 November 2005 19:05
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: ssl deployment recommendations

Chris Pat wrote:

> Sorry I was not clear.  It is for inbound connections to client
> browsers.  Where do I begin?  I assume I need to front it with Apache
> which means modjk, correct?

Why would you assume that? You need to configure your server.xml's Connector
elements properly and install your certificate -- Tomcat works just fine as
a standalone Web server, including handling SSL.

And, hopefully, you begin with the Fine Manual :-) --

<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html>

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]