Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth) wrote:
> Actually, under /usr/java there is a readme file that says that the version
> is 1.4.2!!

Using `$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version` will tell you what you're
running without looking for READMEs.

> How can I find out if there is a new sdk version... and where it is?
> (can't ask someone now!)

(as root or use sudo) `find / -type f -name 'java'` will find all
the Java executables on the system (and possibly other files with
that name, but no matter).

> I have just found out that may be someone from my team has been changing
> things....

Lovely -- rap 'em on the knuckles at your earliest opportunity :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.