> From: Vivek Mohan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Deploying in ROOT folder using a war file
>
> Tomcat is extracting the files to localhost/_ because thats where it
> knows it has to extract anything from the ROOT application.

However, that's true only if using the unpackWARs="false" setting.  In
that case, Tomcat extracts some of an app's .war file into a
work/Catalina/localhost/<app_name> directory (where "_" is substituted
for "ROOT" for some unknown reason, presumably historical).

I just zip'd up my webapps/ROOT directory into a ROOT.war file in the
webapps directory, deleted the now redundant webapps/ROOT, and restarted
Tomcat.  The result, as expected, was recreation of webapps/ROOT during
Tomcat initialization.  This is on level 5.5.12; I've never used any of
the 4.x levels.

The only way I could duplicate the behavior reported by the original
poster was by setting unpackWARs to "false".  Are you really, really
sure you have it set to "true"?  Can you try using a newer version of
Tomcat?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.