From: Chris Pat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 1:09 PM
To: Tomcat
Subject: TC 5 ssl not starting up

Hello
I have BOTH TC4 & TC5 running and it works fine for http.
I have followed the apache docs and created a keystore with all the
defaults that exists in c:\winnt\profiles\adminstrator I made the
changes below and even after server restart and url of
https://localhost:9443 cannot get to start.  Can anyone answer what I am
doing wrong?  tia

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="9443" acceptCount="100"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true" />
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout
value
     to 0 -->

        <!-- Note : To use gzip compression you could set the following
properties :

                           compression="on"
                           compressionMinSize="2048"
                           noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
                           compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml"
        -->

    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
-->

               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https"
secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
              keystoreFile="c:/winnt/profiles/administrator/"/>