Well trying to be constructive..... What syntax checker would you suggest?

That aside, it didnt make much difference, I still get a nullpointer
exception.

It is happening on a webapp that has run fine for 6 months. The change I am
making is
to go from a single <Host> and multiple <Context> to multiple <Host> and one
<Context> each.

You would think that it was a fairly simple move, not one where the whole
server is offline for a full day.

So while less syntax checking may be a good a guiding principle, it makes
bug hunts very time consuming.

"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of hv @
> Fashion Content
> Subject: Re: NullPointer Exception in HostConfig
>
> P.S. the ROOT.xml does end with a </context>

Which could well be part of the problem, since the tag is <Context> not
<context>.  Case matters. Also, if you're using a 5.5 version of Tomcat,
the path attribute is illegal (not ignored) unless the <Context> element
is inside server.xml - which is strongly discouraged.

You should be using an XML syntax checker before you actually throw junk
at Tomcat - diagnosing XML structure problems is not what it's designed
for.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.