> From: James Black [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: re: making a singleton servlet
>
> I am going to make my servlet be static, with the hope that
> it will only have one instance running, regardless of how
> many clients connect to it.

What do you mean by "servlet be static"?  What syntactical construct are
you employing?

If you mean using static fields in your servlet class, then you will
have to make use of synchronization clauses to insure concurrent
requests are serialized.  It's my understanding that the container
(Tomcat or whatever) is free to process as many requests in parallel as
needed, as well as create multiple servlet instances - see the servlet
spec.

What problem are you trying to solve?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.