From: Vinny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 December 2005 15:07
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Why only one Connector per Service?

I am curious as to the reason there is only one connector for each service?
I have a machine with 3 IP addresses. 1 IP is being used by another program
running on port 80. That leaves me with 2 IPs that I can use for tomcat. The
standalone virtual host method that I have used in the past seems to assume
that tomcat will have exclusive use of 0.0.0.0:80 and that is obviously not
the case in my situation. I've seen solutions that entail using multple
<Service/> in the server.xml. Another solution would be to use a different
tomcat instance on each port. Are these the only options available for a
standalone tomcat config?

tomcat 5.5.12
jdk 1.5
linux