From: news on behalf of Bill Barker
Sent: Wed 12/14/2005 8:14 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: starting and stopping Tomcat from Java code

Urm, something like:
tomcat.stop();

where 'tomcat' is your Embedded instance?

"Oleg Lebedev" wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hello,

I am trying to configure, start and then shutdown Tomcat from my Java
class. I am planning to have all the jars required by Tomcat on the
classpath and I would like to be able to specify the port number and
host using method calls. I would prefer not to ship Tomcat configuration
files, such as server.xml with my application and be able to configure
Tomcat from code before starting it.

I tried using Boostrap class, but it requires catalina.home and
catalina.base, which I would like to avoid using.
I tried using Embed class and it worked, but I still had to set
catalina.home so that it can find tomcat-users.xml. But, this is
acceptable.

I have not been able to shut Tomcat down from my Java code. Note that I
won't have a handle to the Catalina instance started, because Tomcat
needs to be started before my application starts in a separate VM, and
then killed when my application exists.

I would appreciate any feedback on how to do this or what Tomcat classes
I should take a look at.

Thanks.

Oleg

believed to be clean.
If you have questions about this email, please
contact the IT Help Desk.

Mail