To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: How to turn of CONTEXT RELOADS??

A read about the manager in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/manager.html
It seems for me that it is only connected with HTTP session tracking. Nothing with context reloads.

But I think I've found the reason. By default if web.xml changes, Tomcat reloads the application, despite of reloadable attribute. I think that was the reason - I might have change the web.xml. I removed the <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource> from context.xml and even if I change the web.xml, the application is not reloaded.

I hope that was really it!
Thank you for help! If you haven't pointed the conf/context.xml file, I would probably never cama accross it.
Marcin Okraszewski

Martin Gainty napisał(a):

Yes I believe those rules changed ever so slightly in Tomcat 5.x as your message indicated
the doc states
"Restart persistence may be disabled by setting this [pathname] attribute to an empty string."
so
<Manager pathname="" />
should disable session object serialisation

Anyone else?
Martin-
By default, Tomcat 5.5 attempts to save all objects that are stored in the session object every timeit shuts downBy default, Tomcat 5.5 attempts to save all objects that are stored in the session object every timeit shuts down----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcin Okraszewszki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>