I am running Tomcat 5.5x on a Win2000 box.

I purchased a DNS name, and I have that configurated in the server.xml. So when
a user hits my site like so: http://www.xxx.com it calls the site and all is
good. But here is my problem. On some search engines for whatever reason, the
url shows this: http://xxx.com leaving out the www. It still brings open the
site, but there is a problem. My site runs all https, and when I registered my
ssl certificate, it is under the http://www.xxx.com. And when the user hits the
site without the 'www' it brings up a invalid certificate. It shows the lock,
but it says it is not certified by verisign.

Any ideas why this is occuring, and any ideas to redirect the bad url to the
good one?

Many thanks,