Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

At the enterprise level businesses pay for support, and at the highest levels of support the license the source for a product is under makes little difference to the end customer, which is why its a good business model for the likes of IBM.

(Note that our own products are not open source. They would be open source if we could find a way to make a living that way.)

Understood.

Like I said, I'm not saying you don't get something by paying something -- it just should not be *assumed* you get better performance and/or scalability by paying something.

--
Jess Holle