> Not sure I fully agree with you - not about Apache being a great stable
> product - as I do agree with that.  However, I have been using Tomcat since
> version 3 - and settled on using Tomcat (since version 5.0.x) standalone as
> I found greater stability, speed and reliance than with using it in
> conjunction with Apache.

Exactly. With conjuction apache :)

> I would however put this down to the connectors and issues there rather
> than to Apache or Tomcat.
>
> I am still using 5.0.28 in production on well over 15 servers

Similar.

> and over 100
> sites - some of which are high traffic!

The same.

> My biggest problem is in jugging
> database server and web server system resources due to hardware
> limitations.

Our problem are replication (first tomcat version which has stable replication
is 5.5.14, in our environment). When i read changelog of new version I always
think "oh my god" (about old, buggy version). IMVHO it is mature product, but
good looking for the future.

> Rgds,

Cheers,

--