Also one other thing...hitting the Servlet via
   "./FileDownloader/MyDoc.doc?id=#{doc.id}" (using JSF)

Doesnt' seem to hit the servlet, but going to

   "./FileDownloader?id=#{doc.id}"

does.

Thanks for any input
-Zach

Zach Moazeni wrote:

Alrighty,

I was able to push the download to the client with this snipbit of code I wrote: File file = new File("C:\\wolverine-documents\\inquiryDocs\\1010\\Operations Use Cases V1.3.doc");
      FileInputStream fin = new FileInputStream(file);

      byte[] bytes = new byte[fin.available()];
      fin.read(bytes);
      res.getOutputStream().write(bytes);
      res.getOutputStream().close

And the client can download it and open the file. Everything jives.

Problem I'm having is the file name download is the same thing as my Servlet Mapping.

Is there something I can set in either the response Header, or a way to map the servlet in such a way that the clients seems to receive the normal file and not a file which has the same name as the Servlet?

(A snipbit from my web-xml)
  <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>FileDownloadServlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/FileDownloader*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

I Appreciate any input
-Zach

Zach Moazeni wrote:

Sorry,

keep = keen

-Zach

Zach Moazeni wrote:

Even then I have to bring out the byte array into somewhere so that they're link is active. Like I said I'd rather not do any type of copy over for this link.
Plus I'm not too keep on Blobs in databases anyway.

I think the other's suggestion of the Servlet mapping will do great. Thanks for all the input.

-Zach

CARROLL, MIKE (CONTRACTOR) wrote:

Why not just store the file in a database as a BLOB? Let the database
worry about where they go...