--- Thom Hehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sigh, I don't know why I keep having problems like
> this. I have the
> following servlet:
>
> package rex;
> /*
>  * Copyright 2006, Heavyweight Software. All rights
> reserved.
>  */
>
> import java.io.IOException;
>
> import javax.servlet.ServletException;
> import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
> import javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher;
>
> import rex.IdxFileConverter;
>
> /**
>  * servlet to simply launch the rex conversion
> process
>  */
> public final class LaunchRex extends HttpServlet
> {
>     Boring stuff here...
> }
>
> Here is my web.xml file:

> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";

> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
>     version="2.4">
>
>     <display-name>Launches the REX
> converter</display-name>
>     <description>
>         Launches the REX converter
>     </description>
>
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>LaunchRex</servlet-name>
>         <servlet-class>
>             rex.LaunchRex
>         </servlet-class>
>     </servlet>
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>LaunchRex</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/LaunchRex</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> </web-app>
>
> I have stored LaunchRex.class in rex.jar file in the
> lib directory of my
> webapp.  When I access
> http://localhost:81/rex/LaunchRex I get this error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find
> servlet class rex.LaunchRex or a class it depends on

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

>       java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> I'm not sure where to look next. Help?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Thom Hehl
> Heavyweight Software for Heavyweight Needs
> www.heavyweightsoftware.com

Well, there isn't really a lot to go on here.  My
guess would be that you have put the class file in the
jar, but didn't put the package and class in the jar.
Meaning: If you extract your jar using a zip utility
the top level would have simply LaunchRex.class when
it should have rex/LaunchRex.class.

Wade