Wade Chandler wrote:

--- HuangHao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks. As a requirement, my application need to
support both Tomcat 5.0 and 5.5. But my application requires JDK1.5 for some reason.
Should be fine if it's only that you are using methods
and classes from JDK1.5 which were not available in
previous JDK/JRE.

I understand it is OK with JDK1.5+Tomcat5.5, but I want to make sure JDK1.5+Tomcat 5.0 can work too. I can start Tomcat 5.0 with JDK1.5 but that can't be regarded as a fully support
certificate.
I really don't understand the question.  Maybe you
could re-form your question better and help me or
someone else better understand what it is you are
asking exactly....clients can't connect because of
some type of an SSL certificate...your web-app is
connecting to some external resource using a
certificate....you are using some key store......could
be any type of a certificate.
Does apache has official announcement about this
issue?

Thanks

Hao

Wade

I think the OP is looking for some sort of official endorsement from the tomcat 5.0.x developers that tomcat 5.0.x runs in a JDK 1.5 environment. While I can't speak for the dev folks, I have not seen a single issue either personally or on the user list running that combination. It should work fine.

--David